Skip to main content

WHATS UP WEDNESDAY - 3/27/24

What a month! The weather has been crazy, snow and 60's!  I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind and stick to it!  But I think we are on the upswing and getting warming.  Bring on the sun and flip flops!

Let's dive in!

1. WHAT AM I LOVING?
    
If you know me for a while you know I don't listen or watch the news.  However, I recently found Yodel on Yahoo! It's perfect for me. It's emailed to be every morning at 8:30 with the top few headlines and a few bullets underneath to summarize what I need to know.  It's the perfect quick read!  Check it out: Yodel


What else I am loving is Girl Scout cookies!  They arrived and I loved watching her organize them all and bag them with people's names.  We are off to deliver this week!  Support your Girl Scouts whenever you can!




If you needed more motivation.... here is wine paring with your Girl Scout cookies!


2.  WHAT WE HAVE BEEN UP TO

Miss Curly and I did an Easter craft!  Super easy and cute.   All you need is a Dollar Store plastic bunny, brown spray paint and a paint marker.  You can also tie a ribbon around the neck but I was lazy.

Spray paint the bunny




Once dry put it together and use the paint marker to highlight the eyes and nose.  They look like chocolate bunnies now!




3.  WHAT AM I DREADING?
 
Nothing!  


4.  WHAT AM I LISTENING TO?

I am still hooked on the Do It Scared Podcast by Ruth Soukup.  I listen whenever I am in the car.  I find it incredibly motivating!


5.  WHAT AM I EXCITED ABOUT?

Everything.  Lots of fun things coming up in the coming months!  Stay tuned!



Have a great week and don't forget to stop back on Monday for Monday Motivation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Book Review

I read a lot this month. We had a couple quiet weekends, and I took advantage of them by reading.  There were a few books I started and couldn't finish.  Life is too short to read a book you don't like.  But below are the ones I did finish.  I hope you find a few ones to add to your list. Temptations by Sherryl Woods My rating:  4.5/5  I loved it! Slight (very slight if I could finish the book) suspense in the book.  I thought it was a great story and I didn't want it to end. Back of book:   Callie Smith's quest for success far from her Iowa roots has caused a rift with her hardworking family. And with neither her Wall Street career nor her marriage going as planned, she starts to question the choices she's made. But when charismatic network president Jason Kane pursues her to save a failing soap opera, her life is soon full of more twists than a TV story line. Suddenly she gets to know a whole new side to her mother, and also has the opport...

MONEY BACK FROM TAXES? HERE IS A SURE WAY TO GROW IT

April 15th is right around the corner; did you file your taxes yet?   The goal should always be to break even, but it's always nice to receive a return.  Want to make the return you receive grow even more..... invest in a high yield savings account !  We were first introduced to this concept about 9 months ago and didn't do it.  The person that told us about it was incredibly happy with the results they were getting.  It took convincing to get my husband on board, but when he did, he was sold.  Sometimes he has to be "sold" on an idea, so I had to do some research.  Below are the articles and facts I learned/read in the process. [Note: I am not a financial advisor, just someone that loves money.] WHAT IS A HIGH YIELD SAVINGS ACCOUNT? Savings account with higher interest then a traditional savings account.  Sometimes as much as 10x's higher!  It is often found at credit unions or traditional banks.  Traditional savings accounts typic...

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We had a loss in my extended family yesterday.  I was going to link up today to with 2 other bloggers like I normally day, but it didn't seem right. Instead, this thought came to mind and I wanted to share.  Hug and love the ones you are with. It's truly a blessing to be loved and to give love. Do it often.

About Me

My photo
Diary of a Business Mom
I am a working mother of 2 little ones, a wife, career woman, novice gardener, and a lover of all crafts! Grab a glass of wine and enjoy a happy place on the internet.